When you order PF Chang's Jicama Street Tacos, take a picture, and post it on social media using #PFChangsPink the restaurant will donate to the American Cancer Society.
1 large jicama
1 large bowl ice water
6oz marinated chicken breast
1 tbs scallion (white part only)
2 tbs diced onion (small dice)
1 tsp minced garlic (minced)
1 tsp minced ginger (minced)
1/2 tsp dried chile flakes (dried)
2 fl. oz Kung Pao sauce (recipe below)
1 tbs peanuts (crushed)
For Kung Pao sauce:
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs rice wine
1/2 tsp granulated sugar
2 tsp chinese black vinegar / balsamic
2 tsp corn starch
2 tbs chicken broth
2 oz julienne cucumber
1 tbs scallion rings 1/16" (green part only)
1) cut chicken breast into 1/4" x 1/4" x 2 " strips and set aside.
2) in a small bowl combine egg, cornstarch, salt, soy sauce, white pepper, and oil
3) marinade the chicken breast and set aside for 10 minutes
4) while marinating the chicken, peel the jicama and slice into paper thin sheets approx 1/16"
5) dip the jicama shells into the iced water for 30 minutes to refresh, then drain and reserve.
6) prepare the sauce by combining all ingredients and whisk well.
7) in a nonstick pan, heat some vegetable oil.
8) start by stir frying the onion till translucent.
9) followed by the garlic and ginger, stir fry for 30 seconds to release the aromas.
10) put the chicken strips in and stir fry till 80% done then add the chile flakes followed by sauce
11) stir fry and when the sauce is almost gone, toss the peanuts.
12) on a plate place 3 jicama shells and divide the chicken filling over the shells
13) garnish with julienned cucumbers and scallin rings