Temperatures are rising and that means it's time to get outside. Roger Sanderson, the "Plant Man" from Texas Discovery Gardens, stops by Good Day to show you how to build a beautiful garden that will attract butterflies.
BUTTERFLY GARDEN TIPS:
- Put rotted fruit and a water source in the garden
- Plant organic plants because pesticides will kill caterpillars
- Plant in a sunny spot
- Plant milkweed to attract Monarch butterflies
- Use color to create a butterfly billboard -- orange, yellow, pink, white and lavender
- Plant plants with big sturdy flowers because butterflies don't like delicate petals